The Wyld Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wyld Circle

A welcoming community of Pagan Furries

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wiccan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyHatter
Admin
LadyHatter

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 pm

For a textbook definition, look here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

((For those who follow this path, write me a description and I will post it!))

Those of the Path:
Back to top Go down
https://wyldcircle.rpg-board.net
Luthien_Nightwolf

Luthien_Nightwolf

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm

*raises paw* Wiccan here! Very Happy

From my experience, its hard to specifically define Wiccan because there's so many different ways to practice it. The common theme would of course be a deep spiritual appreciation for nature, for the seasons, for the energy found within all life forms. However, if you line up 10 Wiccans and ask them how they practice, you'll probably get 10 different answers.

Personally speaking, I'm a solitary witch, and rather than casting spells or performing elaborate rituals, I simply embrace nature in all its aspects. I celebrate it through my art, I keep plants and animals in my home, and keep my door open for those who are seeking to learn more about it. I do own a drawer-full of ritual objects and items that have special meaning to me, and I have a Book of Shadows that I add to on occasion. But I don't have an alter since I don't do spellwork, though someday when I have more space I'd like to set one up again.

I've studied tarot, runes, faerie oracle cards, and finally, animal medicine cards, which I found resonated with me much more deeply than any of the previous divination methods. Being Therian and also involving myself in the furry fandom, I've come to learn that a person's inner animal speaks volumes about them!

I'm always happy to answer questions and share information. For those who are interested, I will list some of the books that have helped me in the appropriate forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luthiennightwolf.com
LadyHatter
Admin
LadyHatter

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 am

Thank you so much Luthien!!
Back to top Go down
https://wyldcircle.rpg-board.net
Threetails

Threetails

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

"Wiccan" would be the closest thing I can name to my path, although I prefer "witch" because I tend to distance myself from the Gardnerian tradition.

I follow an eclectic dualist path, at least I think that's the name for it.

I could go into a LONG description of my personal beliefs and experiences, but that's strictly TL;DR territory and I'd rather spin that tale in person anyhow. I'll leave it at saying that my Lord is Apollo and my Lady is Tsutla (that is the name I call her; she's the Fox Spirit of my native ancestors and she has not yet revealed her true name to me).

For the most part, I haven't done any ritual work in part because, like Luthien, I haven't the space or time for it. My mate is a nominal atheist and I wouldn't feel right just chasing him out of the apartment when the moon is in the right phase to bless a sigil or something like that.

I will have access to some areas where I could probably cast a circle in privacy, but only after I can get a vehicle with 4WD (I've got one coming but it'll be a while yet).

Anyway, Luthien, thanks for sharing that... I thought I was the only one who had this problem and I feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/threetails
Savrin

Savrin

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:44 pm

I am, for all intents and purposes, an eclectic Wiccan. My PoV is more of the 'all are facets of the Goddess/God', so my dieties are sometimes more ritual specific, but I do favor Cernunnos, Dionysus, and Athena.

I came to this path after a very sharp break with my former path that led me into a period of hard atheism that softened into a reevaluation of my own beliefs. This led me into Paganism, where I eventually found my footing. I am solitary, but would like to have a proper teacher and ritual group. I do ritual on occasion or when I feel called to do a particular rite, but with roommate, partner, and all the interference of reality, it is hard to maintain a continual practice. I do spellwork, smudging/cleansing, and tarot as parts of my practice. I have a small chest with my various ritual tools, stones, and incense that empties into an altar as needed.

My mate is also atheist, so I do not do any ritual work while he's around as I wouldn't want to bother him with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wiccan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiccan   Wiccan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiccan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wyld Circle :: Path :: Paths we Follow-
Jump to: