The Wyld Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wyld Circle

A welcoming community of Pagan Furries

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Self-Taught

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabin

Sabin

Self-Taught Empty
PostSubject: Self-Taught   Self-Taught Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:34 am

I thought it might be best if someone created a thread for those of us that don't actually follow a specific path, who follow mutliple, or blaze their own, and would like to express what they believe or how they see the world.

No wikipedia link for this one, unless you want an explination for the definition of Autodidacticism.

Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.com/user/sabinmoon
Sabin

Sabin

Self-Taught Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Taught   Self-Taught Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:10 am

Ok, lets try and define this thing I probably don't even know the edges of.

Well, like I originally said in my intro, I am an otherkin, which is really what has defined the basis of my view of me, and reflects onto how I see the world around me. For those of you who don't know, an otherkin is someone who is born with the soul/spirit of an animal in human body. I actually got into the furry fandom because of it, unlike most people who discover otherkins through being a furry. I know that a lot of furs look down and scoff at otherkins, but honestly, I have found most have a main fursona, who they treat as essencially themselves, and it can get close.

Anyways, beyond that, I have been looking into, reading, discovering, and practicing for about the past 7-8 years, learning mostly through mythology, books, my online brother, and just testing myself. I personally believe that there are multiple Gods and Godessess, and that the different pantheons do exist, even the Catholic one, and generally have a few that I keep in mind specifically when I practice. They also rotate sometimes, like people in life, come and go like the wind. At the writing of this, the ones that are most prevalent in my life at the moment are Coyote, Osiris, and Thor.

Practicing, I use to identify myself as a druid, for the quick and easy understanding for people, for I have a GIANT respect for for nature and animals, and love spending my time in it any way I can. As of late though, I have been starting to learn about Native American shamanism, which I have had a good resonation with so far, and have enjoyed the experiences. I respect the elements, and enjoy feeling them and using them. I first was interested in Egyptian, but I didn't really find what I wanted from them, but currently, with my shaman followings, I have really been drawn to Norse, and Shinto and Japanese mythology.

What I have mostly tried to concentrate on in when actaully practicing is mostly healing and protection. I am not the best fighter, although I do enjoy swinging around a sword or two, but I want to be able to defend those I care about, as well as support them anyway I can, and this has kind of been reflected in my practices.

And that is, I guess, a brief overview of me and my beliefs. I am still learning, and hope to for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.com/user/sabinmoon
Aquin

Aquin

Self-Taught Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Taught   Self-Taught Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 am

I'm essentially the same as Sabin, an otherkin.

Through deep meditation i have discovered my gatorself Aquin, over the years i have learned much about my past lives and ties to Egypt. Aquin is an old spirit.. i have begun to believe i am a guardian of this planet and here for a greater purpose. It is my job to help those in need although i do not know how far those details extend. Perhaps, prevent the war we are currently facing from fully entering the living world.

In the astral relm i am a warrior.. a one man army of sorts, i literally fight off negative spirits directly. You can think Devil May Cry if you want, surprisingly some elements of that series are sort of accurate. Sometimes visions manifest themselves in that sort of sense. I have fought numerous and annoying lesser demons, and a couple of the big ones directly. I have been possessed in the past and survived, and have had some paranormal experiences of my own in this relm.

I am very deeply into alternative healing and culture, though i do not get the chance or privacy to practice much. I would like to get a furry/otherkin paranormal investigation team going that specializes in dealing with haunts of the dangerous nature as well as possessions.

I have always felt a calling to the supernatural, and i believe there are multiple paths one can take to become awakened. Everyone will experience this differently i think.

While there are multiple Gods the one i personally worship is Sobek.
Back to top Go down
FoxPhantom

FoxPhantom

Self-Taught Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Taught   Self-Taught Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:59 pm

On the spiritual side I lean towards more shamanism. I know how to meditate to bring myself into my altered state, as well as grounding. ( I recently remembered that I did that for about a year or less, as well as casting circles.) I know about Chakras where I can focus on one point, but I try to not focus unless I would need to. ( One example would be when I use one breathing method, which is to fill the cauldrons with energy in the heart, throat and forehead.) I also know about aura, But I mainly focus on Chakras since I am more suited for it.
I have been practicing, reading, and studying for about a year, but I don't feel ready since there are some techniques and info that may need to be redone for another year and day.

What I do believe in is God/s, Dragon guides, and animal guides. For this moment the Phoenix has been following me for a while. Sad thing is that is all I know for now, I remember about Samhain and Beltane (which was when I began on the pagan path, but got ended in two month's due to mental infliction between what I believed, but now have it resolved) but that's all I know for now.

Edit: I edited this because this since I have a few changes dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Self-Taught Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Taught   Self-Taught Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self-Taught
Page 1 of 1